Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm heeerrreeee!!!

I have arrived in Budapest. I just landed about three hours ago and I finished unpacking about thirty minutes ago. It took me about three days to pack and about a half an hour to unpack all my things. The woman at the Delta desk that checked me in at the Rochester airport was very interested in the fact that I could pack so much that one of my bags weighed 75 pounds just by itself. Maybe it's the jar of peanut butter or maybe all the power bars I brought? The good thing is that most of the stuff in my bags I won't be taking back since it's almost all food and snacks for the competitions.

Anyways, I am definitely jet lagged. My plan for today is as follows: grocery store, meditation and some stretching, and then a much needed nap. I know napping isn't so great for jet lag but I think I've earned it. I'm meeting the rest of the team across the Danube tonight for dinner.

I'm truly excited to be here in Budapest. The weather is great and outside of my window I can see the National Museum of Hungary. :) Sometimes this fencing gig really pays off.

No comments: