Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Euro Trip

I haven't blogged in a while so I feel like I should make up with two blogs this evening. Actually, the truth is I have big news. I'm moving to Budapest, Hungary tomorrow until March 17th.




Myself and four other girls will be using Budapest as a central location in Europe in order to travel to our tournaments. These world cups that we will be attending count towards Olympic qualification. So, the short answer folks, after these tournaments we will know who is going to Beijing in August.

The team will be determined on April 1st and will be officially announced at the national competition in Portland, Oregon on April 27th.

The world cup schedule:

Feb 9-10 Belgrade, Serbia
Feb 16-17 Salzburg Austria
Feb 23-24 Leipzig, Germany
Feb 29-March 1 Gdansk, Poland
Mar 5-7 St. Petersburg Russia
Mar 15-16 Budapest, Hungary
(move back home between Budapest and Marseille)
Mar 29-30 World Cup Marseille, France


I hope everyone is as excited as I am! The flight leaves from Rochester at 2pm tomorrow afternoon and I should be landing in Budapest at 8:05am which is 1am on the east coast.

My hope is to blog while I am overseas-I love the fact that the apartment has wireless internet! Let's hear it for modern technology and the ability to stay in touch even if you are in Budapest.

No comments: